If you’re like most people, you have a house cleaning checklist.
And if you’re like most people, that list is either way too short to include everything you actually want cleaned or it’s far too long for you to ever accomplish in a reasonable amount of time.
Either way, your house isn’t as clean as it could be.
For effective and efficient house cleaning, here are some things that should definitely be on your next cleaning list:
The basics include dusting, vacuuming, and sweeping. They should also include things like mopping and tidying and taking out the trash.
You know, the basics. When you’re making your list, take the time to write down some of the basic cleaning items you want done on a regular basis.
It’s easy to skip over things if they’re not written down, especially if you’re a list person.
Getting them in writing helps to make them part of the regular routine.
The bathroom should be one of your top priorities when it comes to cleaning.
Doing a quick wipe-down will suffice if company is coming unexpectedly, but for regular cleaning it’s important to add these items to your list:
- Remove mats and rugs from the floors and vacuum and/or wash.
- Clean the inside and outside of the toilet, top to bottom, with a good cleaner (dont neglect the area behind the bowl and around the bottom by the floor).
- Clean the tile in the shower but don’t forget to thoroughly clean the grout, its where the mold and mildew will build up if the grout is neglected.
- Clean the sinks and countertops with all purpose cleaner making sure to get in close around the faucets to get all of the water stains and any moisture to prevent mold and bacteria.
- Wipe down the cabinet fronts and around the hardware.
- Wipe down the light switch plates.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Mop the floor and wipe down the floor boards.
The kitchen should be cleaned daily after food preparation to be sure you have a safe and clean environment to eat and cook.
You should also have a regular routine for more extensive cleaning.
In addition to regular counter cleaning and tidying up, here are some areas to focus on when creating a cleaning checklist:
- Wipe down the fronts of the cabinets.
- Clean the outside of your appliances including the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, and microwave.
- Clean the inside of the microwave and do a quick check for any noticeable dirt and debris in the refrigerator and oven.
- Clean the sink with a good quality cleanser paying close attention to the faucet and the edges where the sink meets the counter.
- Sweep and mop the floors and wipe any residue from the baseboards.
Does this seem like a lot for basic cleaning? When you follow the list regularly it makes cleaning each time easier, and turns it into a routine that becomes habit over time.
And when you do the basics regularly, it makes deep cleaning that much easier as well.
Still seem overwhelming?
If your life is busy but you still want a clean house, take your checklist and give it to a professional.
You’ll have a clean home and still have time for whats important.
For all the help you need covering your house cleaning checklist, call Image Maids at (770) 627-4670.